Monday, June 28, 2010

Addiction to yarn....

Finally, I'm involved in something that's been "on my list" for quite some time. With a renewed interest in Crochet, I'm now hooking my way to relaxation one stitch at a time.

For some reason, I've tried starting crochet at times before, but this time it's clicked. I started with the idea of keeping myself busy what with my youngest going to college. What I didn't realize is that crocheting, for me, is like a meditation of sorts. I focus on the creation of something fun or beautiful out of an innocent ball of yarn, and next thing you know I am more grounded, calm and relaxed. Imagine that. After many years of finding ways to destress, it's as simple as a hook and some yarn.

But the yarn... it's not so innocent. Spending an hour (or 2 or?) in the local yarn store is an amazing experience. I think I now have a addiction to all things fiber. Reading other's blogs about the feel of yarn or the drape of fabric that one creates when knitting or crocheting never made sense. Until now.

I like the feeling of being grounded and calm, so my family and close friends may find themselves draped in crochet garments and hats and scarves and mittens and blankets... :)

The next step is to find a charity and crochet items to donate. I think I'd really like that too.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the crochet-aholics anonymous! :-) Although we're not so anonymous -- seems we like to blog about it. LOL Can't wait to see your projects!

    ((hugs)) Teresa from Corbett, Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Teresa! Your comment has renewed my courage to post :)

    ReplyDelete